Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fish Spa

Last weekend when I was hanging around in Paris Van Java Mall Bandung, a stall called Dr. Fish Spa Therapy caught my eyes and I just couldn't hold my curiosity to have a try!

It's quite a unique spa therapy using fish called Doctor Fish, it's a nick name for Garra Rufa fish also known as Nibble Fish and Kangal Fish originated from a small town in Turkey called Kangal.

They claimed the doctor fish works naturally as a human skin doctor as they consume human dead skin cells and leaving the healthy skin to grow. This fish spa therapy helps to rejuvenate and regenerate new skin cells. According to them, Dr. Fish has been succeeded in Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia as well. I found that in 2006 Doctor Fish spa resorts opened in Hakone, Japan where the fish are used to clean the bathers at the spa.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks weird but interesting!

Rima Tan said...

uiiihhh..pengen deh!

Jeanne M. Wigoena said...

Jadi pengen nyoba.. ada g ya d Surabaya?
Masih d Indo Rash?

Rashai said...

@Ai//sayuri: indeed kinda weird but I like trying something unique or weird :-)

@Rima: Give it a try then, Rp 80.000 for 20 minutes and if you're lucky the staff will give you another 10 minutes for free :-)

@Jeanne: I'll find out if there is one in Surabaya, masih di Bandung nih... enjoying my last week as 'pengangguran' .. :-)

Cartoonist62 said...

Hehe I saw one of those in Japan, at a spa. I was too chicken to go for it though. :P How effecient did you find it? Were your feet silky smooth after?

Rashai said...

@cartoonist62: They said you need to get the treatment regularly for about couple weeks to have your skin smooth like silk :-)

Yuliana-Fun said...

waktu di msia pernah liat tapi ga berani coba... entar cobain ah di bandung... duuhh bakal geli2 deh kayaknya hehehe :)

Bink's said...

Asyik juga rasanya kaya disetrum ya.....