Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cherry


Cherry..
Fruit of a dark red to purplish black 'bing', the smooth skinned drupes last longer if picked with stems attached. Sweet cherries should be firm but not hard, they can be eaten as is or used in desserts or baked goods like cherry tarts and pies.





(Cherry pie)

It's the first week of summer when cherry season is in full swing. Last week I went for cherry picking in Young, the cherry capital of Australia, about 4 hours driving from Sydney. It was a bit too early as most of the cherries weren't quite ripe yet and the weather wasn't perfect, wet and muddy farm yet I still enjoyed picking and eating fresh cherry.


2 comments:

Nonchanbkk said...

Looks like tasty, and...that T-shirt is funny: )

Rashai said...

Thanks Nonchan, about the T-shirt, yes it's me picking cherries :) I'd never bought clothes with bright color before but this 'konnichiwa' T-shirt really caught my eyes :)