Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Matsuri Perth

Two weeks ago I was enjoying Japanese food at Masuri in Adelaide and couple days ago I was having dinner at another Masturi, this one located on the ground floor of QV1 building, corner of Hay and Milligan st Perth.
Matsuri Adelaide is more traditional and has a homey interior while Matsuri Perth located in a modern building with glass wall and the staffs ready with palmtops to take you order, kinda modern and hi-tech. Both are authentic Japanese restaurants with great service but I prefer the one with traditional and cozy ambience  with personal touch on serving, the staff would come to your table pouring the green tea for you and asking if everything is good. Yes, the modern and hi-tech ordering service is more classy and looks elegant but somehow it may lose its personal touch and friendly atmosphere I guess? Here are my experiences, when I asked the  waitress to refill my green tea with hot water she smiled and tap on the palmtop to re-order the green tea and then I waited for another 3 minutes or so to get another hot green tea served (and yes my bill was charged). It might be the rule for them to do so, but on another occasion I was more happy when the waitress smiled then took the pot and refilled it in less than a minute! (without charge)

(Chirashi sushi from Masturi Perth)

(Seafood salad from Matsuri Perth)

(Umeshu)

No comments: